Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Toby Buckland speaks of Gardeners' World pain

In article ,
Janet Tweedy wrote:

TV presenter Toby Buckland has told how he feels "let-down and
humiliated" at being axed from Gardeners' World by the BBC

Good one Janet. I've left this comment:

"It's not so much about presenters, as about producers. I'm so so sick
of watching fancy London-based presenters "knocking up" something which
probably cost hundreds; or changing a bed with dozens of plants ...which
probably cost hundreds! The complete antithesis of gardening!
My suggestion: GW should have a "Red Button" option, which gives you a
count-up of the cash being spent as the presenter carries out his latest
make-over."

Toby was a nice bloke. No doubt Monty is too, but he belongs to a
different social class (the Metro-Professional class) to mine, and to
that of 90% of the population. (As do the flaming producers!)

*Furthermore* while I'm on ranting there should be another Red Button
option where we can watch how many "researchers" spent how long
pre-digging the plots for the presenters! Tchah!

J.