Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Toby Buckland speaks of Gardeners' World pain

On Jan 11, 7:57*pm, Another John wrote:
In article ,
*Janet Tweedy wrote:

TV presenter Toby Buckland has told how he feels "let-down and
humiliated" at being axed from Gardeners' World by the BBC

Good one Janet. *I've left this comment:

"It's not so much about presenters, as about producers. *I'm so so sick
of watching fancy London-based presenters "knocking up" something which
probably cost hundreds; or changing a bed with dozens of plants ...which
probably cost hundreds! *The complete antithesis of gardening!
My suggestion: GW should have a "Red Button" option, which gives you a
count-up of the cash being spent as the presenter carries out his latest
make-over."

Toby was a nice bloke. No doubt Monty is too, but he belongs to a
different social class (the Metro-Professional class) to mine, and to
that of 90% of the population. *(As do the flaming producers!)

*Furthermore* while I'm on ranting there should be another Red Button
option where we can watch how many "researchers" spent how long
pre-digging the plots for the presenters! *Tchah!

J.

So much "Compost" has been produced by this change that many a garden
could be 3 ft deep in the stuff.
We should remember (And so should the producers) that we are having a
change of presenter, that should be the person who introduces the
items and the other people taking part in the "Show" and who holds the
show together.
Not the person who does the whole thing by himself, and who's views
are the only ones aired.
If I had a contract that was renewed year by year I'd be ****ed off if
it wasn't renewed just when I thought I had dug myself a nice little
earner for the next few years.
When someone goes off on long term sick, there is always the chance
they will come back when they are fit enough to resume their old job.
Lets hope wer see the end of the Bulsh (as my mother used to call it)
and give the prog a chance to prove itself one way or another.

David Hill