Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I think Anne Widdecombe's reception on Strictly may have given all
TV broadcasters pause for thought. AW represents the assertive,
energetic, my way or no way, what you see is what you get, retired baby
boomer who refutes the youthful media-stereotype ideal image.
Up to a point. Remember, she too had a makeover. It wasn't till after she got rid of the pudding bowl haircut that people suddenly wanted her on TV programmes and she ceased being 100% a figure of fun.