Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Andrew Roberts

Default removing tops on tank

SlimFlem wrote:
Hi.

I was recommended by the LFS to remove my glass tops now that I am
using a Coralife 4 x 65 on my 75G. They said the light will spread
more and not be blocked by the tops. Does anyone else do this? Also,
here are the fish I have. Are any of these in danger of jumping to
their death with no tops?

[snip]
9 Zebra Danios (these guys are almost always at the very top of the

I've had several Zebra Danios jump out of uncovered tanks. Are you sure
that your new fixtures are rated to be put right over the water? Do
they have a "shield" of some sort to protect them from moisture?

--Andrew