Old 12-01-2011, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Toby Buckland speaks of Gardeners' World pain

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:59:02 +0000 (GMT), wrote:

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:41:40 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Don't get me wrong. She did the right thing. I am sure her successor
is
pleased
with the result too. Too many very competent female TV presenters
have
been
discarded to make way for young bimbos.

I agree. Trevor McDonald is heading the interesting Tour of the Med
series. It's hard to imagine a woman of the same age and grizzled hair
being allowed to do the same!

Not to mention bloody Bruce Forsythe.

Martin, by the tone of your posting, are you saying he should be
'swinging'?

In which sense, the old or the new? I favour the old :-)

Will you be organising the mob?
--

Martin

It would appear you are all tooooooooooooooooooooooo young to remember Bruce
Forsyth coming on stage, looking out into the audience, sticking a thumb up
and with a sweeping movement of his arm left to right say 'Swinging' with
that grin on his face ;-}

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive