Old 13-01-2011, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Yellow backed bird

"CT" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

Opened the front door just now and startled a bird on the lawn
opposite.

Flew AWAY from me and I could only see its back. Blackbird size, dark
wings, but a very vivid yellow back.

Looked in the bird book and the nearest I could see was the Golden
Oriole but reading its habit I don't see how it could be.

South East Coast Isle of Wight

Any suggestions?

Grey Wagtail?
http://www.birdforum.net/opus/images...ey_Wagtail.jpg

--
Chris

Thanks Chris, I think that's the one. Will have to look out for it again.
I wasn't ready for anything there, I was on my way down the drive to fetch
the Wheelie Bin back ;-)

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive