Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default 75 or 90 for planted?

On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:06:08 GMT, "kush"
wrote:

How much should I expect to spend on "real" CO2 equipment for my 180 gallon?

I've been using DIY on my smaller tanks and just using the big one as a
nursery because I couldn't bear the though of a) figuring out how to hook up
and maintain seven or eight soda bottles, or b) spending real money.

$100 if you are really good at shopping around and looking for
bargins. $150 if not.

A decent CO2 regulator can be found at almost ANY time on ebay for
$30-40.

Here's one (I don't know the seller, just giving an example) on ebay:

This is the EXACT same regulator I'm using, and the one Dave Gomberg
sells (or at least sold me) for $75 or so...

A CO2 tank should cost you no more than $50.00 or so from your local
gas supplier or welding supply store.

A needle valve can be purchased new for $20.00. I got mine from
Marine Monsters, but I've heard they are having some trouble. If this
is still the case, I know I've seen several other places selling
needle valves for about the same price. I know Robert over at
Aquabotanic sells one for $18.00

A reactor can be made cheap using a small powerhead and a gravel vac
tube.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua