Old 14-01-2011, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default con or a scam?

In message , David in
Normandy writes
On 14/01/2011 18:16, hugh wrote:

The agencies also have a selection of petite models to make goods look
big in photographs.

The same models they use for selling small boats with inadequate
headroom?

And probably the same as house builders use to make rooms seem larger.

Reminds me of some show-houses we went to see in the UK once. I made an
out-loud comment to another couple there that I'd found the linen
cupboards but couldn't find the bedrooms. When we all got outside again
the agent was waiting and said "The one next door is a lot larger".
Hmmmm. Hidden microphone?

Apparently a common scam with show-houses is that they use 3/4 size
furniture to make the rooms look bigger than they are.

They do indeed - straight from the horses mouth.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha