Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Default 75 or 90 for planted?

Possibly a bigger issue with the Dave Gomberg high pressure system, if
it's the same as when I bought mine several years ago, is that the
tiny little Eheim diffusor isn't very effective in large tanks.

It's fine in my 75 gallon. I believe Chuck uses a wet-dry filter, which tends
to lose a lot of CO2. The Eheim will probably be fine with any "normal"
filter.

I am considering switching to some kind of reactor, or injecting directly into
the filter intake, in hopes of lowering the maintenance required. You do have
to rinse the Eheim diffusor's ceramic disk every week or two, to keep the CO2
bubble size small.

Leigh