Old 16-01-2011, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pruning Monkey Puzzle Tree

In article ,
says...

'Peter[_14_ Wrote:
;910135']I have a Monkey Puzzle tree that is now blocking a path. When
is the right
time of year to prune it and is there anything I need to know?
Thanks

Can you tell if it is a him or a her. If a her try to find ways to
take cuttings for multpication with a view to future food supply. My
old copy of Dirr's the Propagation of Woody Plants makes no mention.
Anyone have recent info?

--
Ilyan

As far as I know you can not do cuttings and all trees are seed raised,
but then I have never wanted to do either so could be wrong about
cuttings!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk