Old 17-01-2011, 03:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default need advice

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:07:56 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:16:08 -0500, Bill who putters
wrote:

In article ,
Notat Home wrote:

nightlux wrote:
hi all im looking for a nice plant that can smell up my house
with a lovely strong aroma could any body recomend any stinky
plants all advice and opinions will be appreciated.

We used to grow scented geraniums outside but did not bring them in.
They come in a myriad of scents.

Actually they come in myriad scents... there is NEVER "of" after
myriad.

You know you are desperate to grouch at somebody when you pick on a stranger
over a fine point of grammar and get it wrong.

If you want to use obsolete form go right ahead... only a transvestite
freak hyphenates their name. Who's yer daddy... you haven't a clue.

Not obsolete according to the dictionary, Shelly. Remember to engage
mind, before letting the clutch out on your mouth (keyboard, whatever).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myriad
In English, the term "myriad" is most commonly used to refer to a large
number of an unspecified size.

In this way "myriad" can be used as either a noun or an adjective.

Thus both "there are myriad people
outside" and "there is a myriad of people outside" are correct.

English is a hard language to learn, good luck ;O)
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."
-Archbishop Helder Camara
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth...130964689.html