Old 16-01-2011, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Help to save sick Yucca

"Spaniel" wrote in message

Hi folks. Noobie here in need of some help.

It's the only plant in rented house garden I really like, and it's
sick.
Is there anything I can do to save the plant at the top of the diagonal
trunk ?

pic of it a year ago:
http://tinyurl.com/4f65kkq

pic of it today:
http://tinyurl.com/46d562s

The foliage on the third (right hand) branch died off nearly a year ago
and now squeezing that branch between fingers, it's as soft as rotten
fruit. The other two branches feel squidgy too.
There's a baby at the base of the trunk. Was about 4foot tall a year
ago, now nearer 6foot. I don't know if removing that will give more
life to the top or kill it completely.

Please advise.

You can air layer it as in this link
http://www.instructables.com/id/Prop...-Air-Layering/ and it