Old 17-01-2011, 05:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Advice on pruning neglected grape vines?

In article ,
Jonathan Sachs wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:30:04 -0800, Billy
wrote:

What kind of grapes are these?

I found my franscript of the voice mail message in which the master
gardener tried to identify my grapes. Here's a summary of what he
said. In a few cases I wasn't sure what he said, and I've put my best
guess in [brackets?].

1. Autumn Black or Autumn Royal (he wasn't sure which; he was trying
to identify the fruit by taste).

2. An American variety, Concord Niagra , [Campbell's?] Early, or a
similar juice/jelly grape.

3, Thompson Seedless.

4. A large green grape, unidentified.

5. Black Monukka.

6. Perhaps Flame Seedless, but he wasn't sure because they looked too
small.

7. Probably an American/European hybrid, unidentified, with pulpy
white flesh.

These are table grapes, however a decent table wine could be made from
#3, #5, and #6. For people who drink wines from European grapes, #2 (and
other American grapes[#1?, #4?, & #7?]) would seem strange.
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."