Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default Source for 5lb CO2 tank

On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:29:06 -0600, Chris Spierings
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good source for a 5lb CO2 tank? I've explored
things locally and it looks like they don't want to rent anything that
small so I'm faced with purchasing.

I'd look in the yellow pages (online version is best) and check out
welding suppliers, gas suppliers, restaurant suppliers, brewing
suppliers, beverage suppliers, etc.

You don't need, or even want a new tank. It would probably cost more,
and most places don't actually re-fill YOUR tank, they simply sway
your empty tank for a filled one, so you won't get your new shiny tank
for long anyway. When I first got my tank, there were about 10
places within 20 minutes of my house that would exchange my 5 or 10lb
CO2 tank, and only one place that would actually fill my tank on site,
and that place stopped doing on-site fills a few months ago.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua