Old 17-01-2011, 08:19 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollierose View Post
In our garden there's a bleak wall I'd like to cover up by planting a climber. It's in shade part of the day. Any suggestions? The climber can be planted directly into the soil of the flowerbed that's at the base. So I just literally need ideas of what to plant! Thank you
Assuming that ideally you would want an evergreen, I would suggest you plant Hydrangea seemannii, its a vigorous, evergreen, self clinging climbing hydrangea with large glossy attractive leaves and the usual creamy white, lace-cap like summer flowers and originates from Mexico but is quite hardy in the UK.
best wishes Lannerman