Old 17-01-2011, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Compost bins

Thank you, everyone for your comments. I suspected some of them,
but confirmation is important, as it's outside my experience.
Here are a few points:

Pallettes etc. aren't on, because the garden really IS only 50-100
square yards, and only about 2/3 is grass - with no borders, shrubs
etc. I might well end up collecting the compost for my own use :-)

The key is the kitchen waste, to avoid an incredibly smelly green
bin. I suspected that it was asking a bit much for the grass to
go in as well, so that might have to be put in the green bin. A
wormery is well worth considering.

This is a far cry from my own composting, but my garden is 1000
square yards, and I use a traditional heap and put everything on.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.