Old 18-01-2011, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Bulbs late, woody plants early?

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
Is it my imagination, or are the plants you would expect to be well up
(and maybe flowering now) such as daffodils and snowdrops several weeks
late, while deciduous shrubs, etc such as Hydrangea, Magnolia, Acer,
Clematis are many weeks early?

Not only deciduous shrubs, come to think of it. Daphne odora
aureomarginata has flower buds about to break, and I don't remember it
flowering until March previously.

--

Jeff

Some daffodils I planted on our golf course last November are now starting
to show their green tips.

Bill