Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Dustin

Default 75 or 90 for planted?

Thanks Chuck!

I got a needle Valve and Check Valve from Robert at Aquabotanic. He was a
great help and friendly too

I called the local welding supply and they said they had fitting for the
regulator, so I guess im gonna be set haha.

Thanks Everyone!
"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:31:51 -0800, "Dustin"
wrote:

By a tank dump then, you are talking about alot of co2 *gas form* comming
out all at once and sufficating the fish?

Yes. It doesn't actually sufficate the fish, but the end result can
be the same...

I thought you meant liquid comming through and contaminating the water.

No. Any liquid CO2 that did come out would quickly expand into gas,
so it wouldn't really "contaminate" the water. But liquid CO2 can't
come out of the system unless the tank was a "syphon" tank with a tube
specifically built into the tank to draw up liquid, or maybe if you
inverted the CO2 tank. The liquid CO2 would probably be stopped by
the regulator anyway. And the regulator might be damaged by the
liquid CO2. (it freezes the seals, etc)

Which needle valve do you prefer, or is there such a thing?

I just bought one sold for planted tank use. I don't know anything
special about them. Buy one from Dave Gomberg, or Aquabotanic, M3.
You might be able to find one somewhere else for a few bucks cheaper,
but I wouldn't know what specs to look for.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua