Old 18-01-2011, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Bill Alexander Bill Alexander is offline

Default Yellow backed bird

?

"CT" wrote in message ...

'Mike' wrote:

[snip all]

In an amazing coincidence, I've just been on a lunchtime walk and saw a
Green Woodpecker and a Grey Wagtail within a few feet of each other.

The Green Woodpecker flew off away from me, and did indeed have a
lovely yellow/green back. The wagtail, however, just moved further
into the branches of the tree over the water so I didn't get to see
that fly off.

Now I see Green Woodpeckers fairly frequently - Grey Wagtails a lot
less so (in fact, probably ony half a dozen times since I started this
doing walk during my lunchbreak a couple of years ago), so to see both
really close together and in light of this thread seemed quite strange!

--
Chris

Not really if there were some really early ants about.
Bill...who used to watch Grey Wags, in a truly wonderful place, dissecting
darters and damsel flies, or maybe that was Yellow Wags? :-)