Old 18-01-2011, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Compost bins

In article

, Another John writes
And I have found (after decades of trying all sorts of home-made bins)
that the dalek bins are very effective, are tidy (unlike my home-made
pallet-built affairs!), and have the *great* advantage that to empty it,
you just lift the bugger up, instead of having to fork stuff out!

Do what i do I have three large wooden bins at the bottom of the garden,
sort of in a terrace, BUT I have put a small plastic bin on alternate
deep beds at one end.
These i fill up first or with a mixed stuff and then when they need to
be emptied i just tip them over and can haul the contents up the bed
with a rake. Then i put the empty bin on one of the beds that didn't
have a bin and so on. Saves carting the stuff around and any goodness
that leaches out goes directly into the soil in the deep/raised bed.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph