Old 19-01-2011, 04:11 PM
northwards northwards is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coykiesaol View Post
I have four rose bushes,( not climbers) which have finally finished flowering. Can I prune them now or due to the sudden harsh weather should I wait until spring? I would like to prune now if possible as they will look a lot tidier Laughing
Thanks
I suppose it depends on where you are and how bad the remaining winter will be. If you prune now and then there's a hard frost, you may get die-back on some branches. Personally I would wait until February or so. If they're really annoying you, or if there's danger of wind-rock or something like that, then you could always cut back a few branches now - just removing part of them - and then wait until later to do the proper pruning