Old 19-01-2011, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Best item to sharpen secateurs /pruners

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
My secateurs and pruners and loppers invariably need sharpening and I
should really make a resolution to do what experts say and don't wait for
them to get blunt but to sharpen after I have used them EVERY time
However I have a carborundum stone which I use for chisels etc. but I'm
hopeless in getting the right angle.
Is there anything that you would recommend to use on Felco etc. I think
darlac do one but i wondered if stones were better than say those rod
shaped sharpeners?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

I would recommend one of those little diamond encrusted sharpeners - they
look a bit like a nailfile. Just follow the sahpe of the angle of the blade
and in a few strokes the edge will be restored.

The sharpeners I have came in a plastic packet - two sharpeners, one coarse,
one fine.

Bill