Old 20-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Abruzzo Clive's Avatar
Abruzzo Clive Abruzzo Clive is offline
Registered User

Location: Abruzzo, Italy
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Any help would be very gratefully received.

I'm sure you will receive lots.
--
Bud

I'm sure he will too, but I'm frankly puzzled why he doesn't ask
around locally(oh, maybe he did?)

The people in that area would have experience, non e vero? Also,
aren't there any nurseries or garden stores in the area? And/or
garden clubs?

HB
I'm sorry for the delay in replying I didn't receive an e-mail from the forum telling me that there were replies.

The situation here is a little odd - if I were in England then yes my neighbours would be the first port of call. Here in rural Italy it's somewhat different - no one is particularly interested in growing anything flower orientated other than Geraniums. We have tried Geraniums on a couple of occasions but unfortunately the sun scorches them.

The people here are all small-holders spending all of their time tending their vines and olive groves etc. They would consider a flower bed as something utterly frivolous - flower beds don't produce anything you can eat!

I see that you speak Italian, se volesse fammi qualche consiglio nella bella lingua La prego di farlo pure, sarebbe un grande piacere.