Old 20-01-2011, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rick... (The other Rick) Rick... (The other Rick) is offline

Default Best item to sharpen secateurs /pruners

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:52:48 +0000, Janet Tweedy wrote:

My secateurs and pruners and loppers invariably need sharpening and I
should really make a resolution to do what experts say and don't wait
for them to get blunt but to sharpen after I have used them EVERY time
However I have a carborundum stone which I use for chisels etc. but I'm
hopeless in getting the right angle.
Is there anything that you would recommend to use on Felco etc. I think
darlac do one but i wondered if stones were better than say those rod
shaped sharpeners?

Janet

Found this.

http://hotfile.com/dl/82316038/3faf2...ening.pdf.html

Wait a while then download, well worth it.
Rick... (The other Rick)