Old 20-01-2011, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
David[_17_] David[_17_] is offline

Default Rainbow Eucalyptus

On Jan 9, 9:49*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I really like this tree. * Saw a specimen of it in the ground at a local
nursery, it was about 15' tall with a tree trunk about six inches in
diameter. *They said it has been there since 1998. *They planted it about
five feet from the wall of the store. *They have some for sale right now.

http://eucalyptusdeglupta.com/trunk0....com/5tree.jpg

The problem is according to my search, in it's native habitat it grows to
250 feet with huge trunk. *The local nusery said in here (miami, south
Florida) it will not grow to near that size, but they can't tell me anything
more. *They planted one right next to their foundation wall and it has not
grown to be huge.

So my question is whether I should take a risk and plant one. *On my
property I can plant one 25' or 30' from the house. *I don't know if this is
enough distance, the guy at the nusery says no problem, but he was trying to
sell me a tree. *Anyone has experience with this tree?

Who sells this tree in Miami?