Old 20-01-2011, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Hello From italy

In article ,
Abruzzo Clive wrote:

Higgs Boson;910397 Wrote:
Any help would be very gratefully received.-

I'm sure you will receive lots.
--
Bud-

I'm sure he will too, but I'm frankly puzzled why he doesn't ask
around locally(oh, maybe he did?)

The people in that area would have experience, non e vero? Also,
aren't there any nurseries or garden stores in the area? And/or
garden clubs?

HB

I'm sorry for the delay in replying I didn't receive an e-mail from the
forum telling me that there were replies.

The situation here is a little odd - if I were in England then yes my
neighbours would be the first port of call. Here in rural Italy it's
somewhat different - no one is particularly interested in growing
anything flower orientated other than Geraniums. We have tried Geraniums
on a couple of occasions but unfortunately the sun scorches them.

The people here are all small-holders spending all of their time tending
their vines and olive groves etc. They would consider a flower bed as
something utterly frivolous - flower beds don't produce anything you can
eat!

I see that you speak Italian, se volesse fammi qualche consiglio nella
bella lingua La prego di farlo pure, sarebbe un grande piacere.

Non c'è un gruppo di notizie per questo?
--
- Billy
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²