Old 20-01-2011, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default zone 5, what to do with south side house?

"Thos" wrote:
Okra.
It loves heat. Once they start producing you will probably have to harvest
every day. 5 or 6 plants will likely produce more than you can eat.

Okra for zone 5 ?

I remember going to Disney World in March. It was sixty five degrees, I am
from Michigan, I wore long pants with a long sleeve shirt no coat. The
person in front was from Florida he wore a light jacket. The person behind
me wore shorts and a tank top and was sweating, he was from Alaska. Ones
heat is another's chill.

Perhaps a variety of herbal plants. Rosemary, thyme, mint (put a hollow
bottom bucket in the ground for mint. Herbs can act like weeds if not
watchful. Camomile?