Old 20-01-2011, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Best item to sharpen secateurs /pruners

On Jan 20, 9:22*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
On Jan 20, 7:29*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:

In article
,
Dave Hill writes

Try these people
http://www.shopwiki.co.uk/_Eze+Lap+F...d+Sharpener?o=...

Do I want fine or super fine David?

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Associationhttp://www.amersham-gardening.net

I realy don't know, like you I am thinking about buying, but I
wouldn't go for very fine for garden use

Three diamond grits are available.Medium (400 grit) for fast
sharpening where a high finish quality is required .Fine ( 600 grit)
that has the ability to sharpen a dull knife in less than a minute and
bring the edge to a razor sharp finish.Superfine (1200 grit) is
designed to polish and fine finish to mirror perfection.
From Rutlands sitehttp://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tools/sharpening/stones-/502M/eze-fold
David

With more browsing on the Rutland site I have just found these
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tools...stone-set-of-3
Look like a good buy but p&p is another £5.95 so may be worth seeing
if they have anything else to go with the sharpeners.
David