Old 22-01-2011, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default Compost bins

In message , Judith
wrote

But - those are common or garden earth worms (no surprise there) -
which are not the best for wormeries.

They appear to be coloured more red than the common earth worm and are
smaller. In the large numbers I occasionally see them in my bins it
wouldn't make much difference to having the "proper" worm. The worms are
usually found in the top two inches of the bin .

With the "special" worms, I wonder if people are actually purchasing
something that nature provides for free

--
Alan