Old 22-01-2011, 06:57 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin[_2_] View Post
Remember "Logorithisms"

Clever little thingies, especially when spelt correctly ![/i][/color]

I still have my book of 5 figure log tables.
But I'm so glad that nowadays the concept of logarithms isn't swamped out by learning the mechanics of log tables.

And looking back to my own days of learning maths - why was it that so few people could get hold of the idea of counting to a different base when we were all using base 4, 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24 and 60 in our everyday lives? (and indeed we still use most of those)