Old 22-01-2011, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default No Discussion - Just a Must Do.

On 2011-01-22 12:10:48 +0000, Janet Tweedy
said:

In article , Mike Lyle
writes
The alternative view advocated on HFW's prog was to limit the number
of days' fishing rather than the weight of a given species landed.

The system they use in Norway convinced me when I heard about iit
(last year?), but I can no longer remember how it worked -- I'm sure
brains less scattered than mine are present, though. I do remember
that dumping wasn't allowed at all: any fish caught had to be landed,
but there was some kind of penalty involved. Maybe you have to be a
Norseman to understand it!

Isn't it the Spanish we've got to convince to fish ethically?
Weren't sand eels being scooped up by the million for power stations?

Wouldn't those be electric eels? ;-)) (D&R!)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Shocking !!!!!!!

I thought sand eels were gathered to make foodstuf for the fish farmng
industry. Salmon and Rainbow trout for example.

Bill