Old 23-01-2011, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

On 2011-01-23 11:10:28 +0000, Jake said:

On 2011-01-22 12:25:01 +0000, floydie-pink
said:

We have moved house last september and have a faily dececnt sized front
and back garden snip

This is a British centred gardening group so we may not be able to help
you in any sensible fashion. *Where *you have a 'yard', we have
gardens. *I hope this helps you to find a group that might be of more
use to you.

Sacha - a quick check indicates that the OP is in South Yorkshire.
Jake

So it seems - the use of 'yard' sounded American. *It's not unknown for
people to wander in and find they've lost the way!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

Might be an idea for people to go back to the first post,
"We have moved house last september and have a faily dececnt sized
front
and back garden (Both of wich need alot of work!)."
"I spent an afternon in the garden this week "
In my younger days many people in teraced houses talked about their
"back yard" with the outside lavatory, the coal house and shed.
Also the OP talkes about Mud not the US "Dirt".
I wonder if any of you have ever come across people from the other
side of the Pond that have moved here to live?
My wife is Canadian but after 11 years she still talks about the
"Yard" not garden.
So why not give some ideas for "basicly a garden thats mostly paving
slabs".
David Hill