Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
SlimFlem

Default occurences during the night

OK guys, please see if you have any ideas about this. Starting about a week
ago, my tank water is filled with particules when I wake up in the morning.
It looks like you took a stick and ran it through the Florite and released
all kinds of crap. I use a Magnum 350 Micron filter cartridge during the
day and its back to normal. But the next morning, bam!, the same thing. I
don't understand. Do you think either the Clown Loaches, Brochis Splendens,
or Whiptail catfish could be doing this during the night? I see them
rooting around during the day and stirring up a little stuff, but nothing to
the extent of what I get in the morning.

I have vacumed the Florite pretty good over 1/2 of my tank during the last
water change, but I cannot vacum certain parts because of plant tickets or
driftwood. Does anyone have Florite and any of these fish that may be
causing something like this?

My normal filter is an Ehiem 2028 Pro with 2 trays of ceramic tubes and one
tray of the course rock substrate. My tank has never done this before. Do
you think maybe I should alter the contents of the filter? Maybe replace
the 2 sponge layers? I rinsed them out during the last water change about a
week ago. It just seems like this stuff is not being sucked in by the
filter or either it's too much for the filter to handle or either its
passing through the filter somehow.

Any ideas, please?!?!?

thanks,
jesse