Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Bugbear

Default cloudy planted tank

No dead fish that I'm aware of. Kind of hard as the tank is heavily
planted and if any died or where half eaten it would be hard to find
but I doubt this as everyone is accounted for except the ones that are
always hiding and only visible at night. The only snails in the tank
are the small pond snails and I don't think a few of them dying would
cause a major swing. Did do some trimming but I wouldn't say anything
severe and most of the clippings where replanted. We did have a power
outage for a couple hrs. Same fertilizer and food. Thought about
leaving it alone and had for about 2 weeks without a good change but
instead it got thicker. So we spent last night cleaning the tank and
sucked up enough detrius around my 6x10 liliopelis clump to fill a
small bucket. The lili had basically died and then regrew on top of
the dead part so this may had caused an increase in the nutrients in
the water throwing the balance off. Hopefully this is the cause.
Believe so after reveiwing a number of plant books and other
resources. We'll see how it goes.

tose (LeighMo) wrote in message ...
Kind of odd for it to start cycling again as it was already cycled
before the bloom.

Did anything happen that might have affected the biological filter? Dead fish
or snails, medication added to the tank, food you don't usually use, plants
pruned severely, power outage, new fertilizer, etc.?

Unfortunatley, funds are
tight, so a UV sterilizer or a diatom filter are out of the question.

It might be best to just let the tank alone. Let the biological filter
re-establish itself, and the problem may go away on its own.

Leigh