Old 23-01-2011, 06:19 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydie-pink View Post
Hi im from yorksire, the yard is just a term we use up here to refer to the concreat area by our back door (or backs as some people call them).
I am new to gardening and im unsure if this was the right place to post as you refer to "news group" i thought this was a forum my appoligies.
It is a news group. If you're posting through gardenbanter, gardenbanter is merely a web-page that gives access to various newsgroups (as it says in its strapline).

If you can get hold of a newsreader program and read it as a newsgroup, you'll find it a lot easier. For example, when threads bifurcate, you'll be able to follow each strand separately, rather than all muddled up as in gb, ad you'll be able to look at just the new posts that have appeared since you last looked at the group, rather than try to find them embedded higgledy-piggledy amongst the rest of the posts.

But yes, it's absolutely the right place to post, with lots of knowledgeable people on here with all sorts of different areas of expertise.