Old 23-01-2011, 08:47 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Chinese apples

atec77 wrote:
atec77 wrote:
SG1 wrote:
Just read the destroyer of Oz agriculture

why are they that?
they are not grown in decent soil and are contaminated by human
waste , bad chemicals are used and the certainly run the risk iof
importing disease which we have of sign of

How do you know this?

it's fact
if you want more google it

My position is that AQIS make these decisions based on available evidence
and on the whole do a good job in a difficult situation. There are always
competing interests in these cases and many would like to use laws relating
to keeping out plant disease (for example) in place of tariff barriers to
reduce overseas competition. These are the barriers which our government is
trying to break down because they cost us more in the long run when raised
by other countries against our primary producers.

If you say that AQIS haven't made the right decision in this case then show
me the evidence. If you want me to accept what you say then you make the
argument, don't expect me to make it for you.

David