Old 23-01-2011, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Doing Our Bit for the Environment

On Jan 23, 10:10*am, Baz wrote:
harry wrote :

I went to Syria , Iraq and Jordan a few years back. * There are far
worse places I can tell you.

I too have seen worse places but only on TV. *It's a big shock to actually
be there though isn't it. I have been depressed ever since.

Baz

Hah. These places are fine to visit for a few weeks. One goes home
thanking one's lucky stars. However, you don't have time for the
whingers back in the UK. Don't know they're born.
I think the worst places I visited was Bolivia and Papua New Guinea.
Pretty grim in Venezuela too. For poverty that is. Great if you're a
wealthy tourist. You can enjoy the fat of the land. All the stuff you
can't afford at home!