Old 24-01-2011, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Doing Our Bit for the Environment

Sacha wrote:
I think the quotation would be fine if he put in the standard 'sig
separator' ('-- ' and don't forget the space!). Then you can strip them out
automatically if they bother you. (I'm not going to go find the charter
right now, but most ngs allow just about anything, including advertising, in
their sigs)

The charter for urg allows posts linking to catalogues or websites that
are relevant to the subject matter of the group, but no more frequently
than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD or
"ADVERT".

But that wasn't really relevant to what I said, which was specifically about
signatures, and the bit about allowing advertising was a bit of an aside.

References to a gardening related business can be made in a
sig.file of no more than 4 lines.
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

*nod* That is typical. But more to the point, what is in the sig is
typically unrestricted, as long as it's separated properly, so it can be
stripped. Quotes, contact details, personal website, funky little ascii
drawings are all typical ...