Old 24-01-2011, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Doing Our Bit for the Environment

Sacha wrote:
But that wasn't really relevant to what I said, which was specifically about
signatures, and the bit about allowing advertising was a bit of an aside.

I put it all in because it's what comes under the Advertising heading
*and* because some mischief maker had (some years ago) written a piece
to Garden Banter totally distorting all of that paragraph.

Heh, fair enough.

It's restricted in that we're asked to keep it to garden related
things. Someone who shall be nameless came here years ago, advertising
a totally unrelated business, was asked to stop and has been a bloody
nuisance and a nasty one, ever since.

See, I would say that if it was in a signature, it could be an unrelated
business, it's only actual posts that are adverts that need to be related to
gardening. Or is that what you mean? It is 'normal' to have, say, a home
business in a sig.

Anyhow. I digress, and I really don't care that much I'm afraid, cos it's
not all that relative to me (since I neither post with a sig, nor read other
people's very often). I'm going to bow out now.