Old 25-01-2011, 09:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon loosecanon is offline

Default Speaking of apples

"SG1" wrote in message

wrote in message
My local Woolies store had only Granny Smith apples today. I am hoping
local feedback has
dissuaded them from stocking the crappy Chinese product.

Good old GS a really great apple if not ripe or sunburnt. My ab fav is
Johnathon but very hard to get as keeping is not one of their qualities.

my absolute favourite also. Only a few shops stock them here in WA and only
for the limited season. As they are the universal pollinator of apples they
should get more cred than they do. Number 2 is Fuji. Number 3 sunripened
Granny. Perfumed apples leave me cold.