Old 25-01-2011, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

On 2011-01-25 08:57:46 +0000, said:

Bill Grey wrote:
But then I remember "times tables" :-)

My 7 year old came home with homework last week where he had to learn his
2
times table. Which was interesting, because although he knew the maths
and
the numbers, he had no concept of the whole "no twos are zero, one two is
two, etc" phrasing/chanting of it.

When I was about 4 or 5 I went to a small school where we used to chant
our tables first lesson every morning. I know it's considered the 'wrong
way' now (or is it?) but that method certainly made the tables stick in
the mind. To this day, I recall my tables easily.
--
Sacha

I went to a Private School and they were very hot on the 3 x 'R's from a
very early age. Later, and as I had no desire to go into the Hotel business
like my parents, I went for an interview for an Apprenticeship as a Marine
Electrical Engineer During the interview I was asked 'What are your Maths
like?' 'Good I suppose', 'What are 7 x 8's?' and before he had finished I
flashed '56'. I always remember that because I surprised myself as to just
how fast I was able to recall it!!!!

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive