Old 25-01-2011, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

'Mike' wrote:
I went to a Private School and they were very hot on the 3 x 'R's from a
very early age. Later, and as I had no desire to go into the Hotel business
like my parents, I went for an interview for an Apprenticeship as a Marine
Electrical Engineer During the interview I was asked 'What are your Maths
like?' 'Good I suppose', 'What are 7 x 8's?' and before he had finished I
flashed '56'. I always remember that because I surprised myself as to just
how fast I was able to recall it!!!!

My 8 times table is improving ever since work started allocating our leave
in 'days of 8 hours' and a summary of 'how many hours leave you have left'.
So I look at my 56 days left to use by end of March and have to work out
what that is in days!