Old 25-01-2011, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

In article ,
Bill Grey wrote:

What is a venn diagram?

Those of us of a certain age wold not have come across these mystical
designs.

But then I remember "times tables" :-)

Well, yes. But it depends more on your level of education than
your age - after all, I have my doubts that you completed your
schooling before 1880 :-)

It somtimes feels like that :-)

I left Grammar School in 1952 and there had been no mention of Venn diagrams
at that time.

Nor when I left a (dire) public school in 1965. However, I do have
a degree in mathematics ....

On the matter of multiplication tables, I didn't learn mine until
I was well into my teens, and 7x8 was always my bugbear - however,
I could work out the answer fast enough that the teachers never
realised, so I never got punished for it (sic). 7x8 = 2 x 7x4
or 7x8 = 7x7 + 7.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.