Old 26-01-2011, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default OT but newsgroup /Demon related

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Alan
writes
As 99.99% of people don't know how to cross post, except the spammers,
blocking (killing) cross posted articles is a good way of cutting down the
spam in newsgroup posts.

In Turnpike:
To kill crossposted article the rule is /^Newsgroups:.*,/h

No reading the headers they do seem to be coming from Turnpike for some
reason - however after three days of them (mostly in Russian or at least
characters instead of letters) they have now stopped. Very strange, they
did not come via email but from my newsgroups receiver, yet they came to
my email window NOT the newsgroup one!

Ah well, I ignored them anyway so that's fine. If they Had showed up on
mailwasher first before i downloaded the emails then of course I could
have deleted them first.

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

Hi Janet, not being particularly technical, as I've said somwhere before, I
think the problem is that you advertise/mention your web-site.

When I was with Demon and had my own web-site, I got loads of spam and odd
e-mails. I changed my ISP to save a few quid, and got shot of my web-site.
No more spam or spurious
e-mails.

Hope things improve.

Bill