Old 26-01-2011, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Potted plants this time of year

"stuart noble" wrote in message ...
I have never understood the practice of killing flowers just because
someone
has died. Don't go much on cut flowers for anything, be it a bouquet for
some occasion, 'dressing' a room, hall, car, church anything. Let the
flowers grow in their natural environment. Flowers for a wedding. Dozens
cut
for the bride, maids, church and what? Dead and forgotten next week :-((
Damn stupid.

Mike
Who doesn't want any flowers when he pops his clogs

Yes, I found the huge, rusty skip full of flowers at the back of the
crematorium depressing

Disagree !

These flowers give much pleasure and satisfaction to many.
They are not "garden" grown, but are either field or greenhouse cultivated,
specifically for cutting.

Additionally they provide incomes for for the tens of thousands involved in
the trade.

Agree (:-) however, that we should leave all our garden and wild flowers
just where they are.

Regards
Pete
Nanneys Bridge Nursery