Old 26-01-2011, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Wild Hogs Becoming A Big Problem To Farmers And Gardeners..........

On Jan 25, 11:52*pm, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"EVP MAN" wrote in message

I saw a show on tv several nights ago about the destruction wild pigs
are causing in the southern states of the US. *It's amazing the amount
of destruction they can do in a single night. *It seems they are also
expanding their territory and heading further north every passing year..
In Florida they are getting so bold that they are coming right into town
in heavily populated residential areas. *Besides the destruction they
cause to vegetation, *they are very mean and dangerous animals as well.
Does anyone in this group have a problem with these nasty critters or a
story you would like to relate about them? *Not so sure I would like to
tangle with one from what I saw on the tv show. *They were hunting the
hogs with dogs and some of the dogs got tore up pretty good. *Although
it did look very exciting to hunt them this way. *I was also wondering
if the meat tastes like domestic pork. *When they harvested the hogs on
this show, *they had the meat processed and donated it to a homeless
shelter as not to waste it.

Lets hear your wild hog experiences!

Rich from PA

shouldn't this be cross posted to alt.food.barbecue?

Speakign from experience:
Wild pigs do significant damage to pasture and yes, they do rip dogs up
very, very badly. *Pig hunters use collar chest protectors on their dogs
because of the damage that pigs can do. *Human pig hunters are probalby
worse than the wild pigs. *They will trespass at will, cut fences and are
generally a *bunch of low lifes who farmers do not welcome in their area.- Hide quoted text -