Old 27-01-2011, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

Martin wrote:
To digress, in California you can get egg-free omlettes and
fat-free sour cream. I have a container of the latter, but
couldn't figure out how to preserve and transport the former.

Don't forget non-dairy product cheese on pizzas.

I have non-dairy cheese in the cupboard, and I have bought it in the past
during Lent. I have no problem with the idea of cheeseless cheese. It has
a different texture to 'real' cheese, but the flavour is provided by yeast
extract, iirc.
But a key point of omlettes is that eggy texture. Tofu has a 'fried egg
white' kind of texture. But it's not the same as omlette texture.

Hmm, perhaps we should move this over to a food ng instead.