Old 27-01-2011, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

On 25 Jan 2011 13:04:31 GMT, wrote:

wrote:
On the matter of multiplication tables, I didn't learn mine until
I was well into my teens, and 7x8 was always my bugbear - however,
I could work out the answer fast enough that the teachers never
realised, so I never got punished for it (sic). 7x8 = 2 x 7x4
or 7x8 = 7x7 + 7.

I think I do the last one, (7x7)+7

I suffer, too. I'm inclined to think an uncertain memory of 7x8 is so
widespread that there must be an identifiable cause: perhaps the
proximity of 6x9 has a sort of "twister" effect a little like a
tongue-twister?

--
Mike.