Old 27-01-2011, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hi im new :-) and fairly new to gardening :-S

On 2011-01-27 11:41:15 +0000, said:

The boys' primary school have introduced French, the boys both got Spanish
and Urdu (!) sessions when at nursery.

Spanish is much useful if they get a choice at any point! Not sure how
widely spoken Urdu is!

Don't bet on it! Urdu and Hindustani are very closely related and
are the native languages of a large chunk of India and most of
Pakistan.

I think that's LONG overdue - I would have introduced it 20-30 years
ago in relevant places, and got the English and Urdu speakers (I mean
children) to teach each other. Yes, I know that would have created
a weird composite, but so what? English is already one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.