Old 27-01-2011, 11:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
Anthony[_3_] Anthony[_3_] is offline

Default Such a thing as a Phal-Dendb Orchid?

Someone told me when i showed them a couple of pictures of my Orchid,
which i identified as a Phal, that it was a Phal-Dend..combo.Could
someone explain how does it arrive with such a identification? Does it
mean that it was grafted? I bought this plant in Lowes a few years
ago, and although i do not have the tag anymore, I believe it did say
Phal on it.Well, after 4 years or more I finally got 2 spikes...one
eventually shriveled but the other one is strong and starting to bloom
with what looks like an all white flower. If i am not mistaken, when i
bought it, it was naturally in bloom and that is what attracted me to
it, though i have nil skill with Orchids. This is my first one. I
believe the bloom that came as my first rebloom was a beautiful
colored one...not 100% sure, since i gave up on it a long time ago. I
just kept it cause the leaves were solid and attractive as a foliage
plant. Can an orchid change colors of blooms due to culture change?
BTW, does an Orchid that is in bloom get fertilized anyway?